Smithson Employment Law Corporation aims to provide sensible and effective solutions that work.
Areas of practice include:
- Preparation, review and enforcement of employment and contractor agreements, restrictive covenants, and severance arrangements.
- Representation for employers on labour relations issues such as certifications and decertifications, grievances, strikes, lockouts, and collective bargaining.
- Guidance for employers on complying with provincial and federal employment, labour relations, human rights, and privacy legislation.
- Development of policies and practices in areas such as hiring, attendance, overtime, probation, discipline, severance, retirement, and workplace impairment.
- Representation in wrongful dismissal and related litigation.
- General advice on topics relating to employment and contractor relationships, including business purchase and sale scenarios, issues relating to restrictive covenants and a wide range of other scenarios and contexts.